The Washington Canoe Club (WCC) was founded in 1904 to foster and promote paddling on the Potomac, particularly Olympic-style canoe and kayak racing. Over the years our mission has expanded to include our historically strong competitive programs alongside a deep commitment to the Washington D.C. community. Our members are paddlers of all experience levels organized as Friends of Washington Canoe Club, a not-for-profit organization. Friends of WCC is operated and maintained by volunteers - our Club members - who not only use the boathouse as their base for paddling activities, but also contribute their time and expertise to benefit our mission.
The WCC boathouse is open to the public for sponsored competitions and other events throughout the year; however, general use of the Club is limited to WCC members due to liability constraints. Anyone is welcome to apply for membership—membership applications are available at the Club and nominations for membership can be made throughout the year.
- Membership runs January - December.
- There is a one-time, non-refundable fee of $30 for each application.
- There is a one-time initiation fee of $250 for newly admitted members.
- Application and Annual Membership Fees can be paid online.
To apply for membership, click here.
- Individual Membership (over 21) $850/year
- Family Membership $1,200/year
- Boat storage - 1st boat FREE
- Additional boat storage $150/year per boat
- Aquatics Member (ages 10-21) $300/year
- Nonresident Member $50/year
*Nonresident members must reside and work over 50 miles away, are limited to 3 visits a year and do NOT have access to parking, storage or the club. (No keys or entry codes.)
*Storage is on a space available basis
Coaching fees are only incurred if you participate in the related paddling program
- Juniors Elite Sprint coaching fee $600/year
- Masters Sprint coaching fee $300/yea